John Nguyen is a versatile and resourceful senior manager with in-depth software development and operational experience. He is highly skilled in building successful teams and departments from the ground up. He has proven expertise in cloud technologies and practices, multi-cloud implementation of cybersecurity solutions, and application development using various cloud-native services. Conscientious, motivated, and service-oriented, John is a professional who possesses the ability to work with team members across different departments and disciplines. Technically strong, energetic, and highly collaborative, he is passionate leader who values people and embraces technology.
Professionally, he has:
- Over 20 years of experience designing and implementing software in C/C++. Fully conversant with Software Development Life Cycle and Agile methodology. Deep understanding of the latest software development technologies and cloud services.
- 15 years of experience in building and managing departments from the ground up. Extensive experience working in start-ups.
- Over 7 years of experience in building, managing, and deploying hybrid cloud and cloud-based systems, supporting DevOps.
- Proven in-depth experience in software development, networking, IT, operations, cloud, departmental budgeting, and customer stewardship. Keen understanding of industry trends, system security threats, and threat mitigation patterns and techniques.
- Significant prior success as engineering leader working on challenging problems, with strong business acumen and customer-facing focus.
- Strong analytical, design, and communication skills. Highly capable in translating complex technical concepts into business-friendly terms and communicating those effectively to technical and non-technical staff at all levels.
John holds a BS degree in Computer Engineering from Florida Institute of Technology, in Melbourne, Florida.