Brendan Cooper is a partner in the operations practice at TechCXO specializing in optimizing operations for manufacturers. He provides interim and fractional CEO or COO services, and drives performance of organizations by making use of the best talents of the team members.
His functional expertise includes:
- General management
- Strategic planning
- Marketing and sales
- Process engineering and development
- Product development
- Plant management
- Multi-site manufacturing leadership
- Health and safety management, and
- Continuous improvement.
For more than 12 years, Brendan served as CEO for 3A Composites USA Inc., based in Charlotte, N.C. 3A Composites is a global leader in the manufacturing and marketing of advanced materials, including composites as integrated solutions for many markets including aerospace, architecture, graphic displays, marine, wind power generation, transportation and industry.
During his tenure, Brendan:
- Grew revenue above the market rate consistently through the cycle
- Steadily increased EBITDA from bottom to the top of cycle
- Optimized product lines and production processes to maintain profitability through business cycles
- Introduced novel technologies and solutions to improve service, output and costs
- Eliminated a site which was successfully consolidated with other operations
- Generated annual cost savings through continuous improvement and an aggressive purchasing program
In addition, Brendan held leadership positions with Rio Tinto and Alcan Wire and Cable. His varied responsibilities included corporate development, marketing, product design and manufacturing processes, as well as and continuous improvement. In his duties as plan manager, he oversaw manufacturing, operations, logistics, purchasing, human resources, cost accounting, health and safety, environment and customer satisfaction.
Brendan holds a science degree in metallurgy and materials science from McMaster University, an MBA from Syracuse University’s Martin J. Whitman School of Management and a Masters of Management degree from McGill University.
The Latest from Brendan Cooper
Manufacturing Initiatives eBook
Manufacturers: Win share in a downturn Now is the time for US manufacturers to make changes to improve their manufacturing businesses before any downturn. Authored by manufactur...Full Article