Jeffrey Whitney is Partner – Marketing; Fractional CMO
Jeff Whitney is an analytical marketer, who has spent his career attacking marketing challenges (marketing efforts not contributing to revenue, never enough leads; ineffective websites; lack of infrastructure; poor messaging/positioning; lack of useful metrics) and knocking down walls between marketing and revenue growth.
As a 20+ year CMO Jeff has started/rebuilt, grown, and lead marketing organizations for B2B technology companies and services firms. Jeff’s accomplishments include:
- Servicesoft – Restarting Servicesoft, where he was instrumental in growing revenues from $4 million to $50 million in just two years, leading to a $651 million acquisition.
- OutStart – Tripling revenues and redirecting OutStart into a SaaS business model, resulting in a successful acquisition by Kenexa/IBM.
- Ipswitch – Rebuilding the marketing team, launched their SaaS solution, and created a closed-loop demand generation engine, resulting in a 160% increase in marketing-generated sales opportunities.
- Bluestone Software – Launching one of the first web application server products, as founder and CMO of Bluestone Software. Bluestone was named a leader in Gartner’s Magic Quadrant and reached a $1.5 billion market valuation before being acquired by HP.
- Playing a key role in securing over $65 million in VC funding.
Working as an interim, fractional or consultative CMO, Jeff helps founders, executives, and investors to accelerate their revenue engines, launch products, and optimize marketing operations.