Jeff Whitney is an analytical marketer, who has spent his career attacking marketing challenges (marketing efforts not contributing to revenue, never enough leads; ineffective websites; lack of infrastructure; poor messaging/positioning; lack of useful metrics) and knocking down walls between marketing and revenue growth.
As a 20+ year CMO Jeff has started/rebuilt, grown, and lead marketing organizations for B2B technology companies and services firms. Jeff’s accomplishments include:
- Servicesoft – Restarting Servicesoft, where he was instrumental in growing revenues from $4 million to $50 million in just two years, leading to a $651 million acquisition.
- OutStart – Tripling revenues and redirecting OutStart into a SaaS business model, resulting in a successful acquisition by Kenexa/IBM.
- Ipswitch – Rebuilding the marketing team, launched their SaaS solution, and created a closed-loop demand generation engine, resulting in a 160% increase in marketing-generated sales opportunities.
- Bluestone Software – Launching one of the first web application server products, as founder and CMO of Bluestone Software. Bluestone was named a leader in Gartner’s Magic Quadrant and reached a $1.5 billion market valuation before being acquired by HP.
- Playing a key role in securing over $65 million in VC funding.
Working as an interim, fractional or consultative CMO, Jeff helps founders, executives, and investors to accelerate their revenue engines, launch products, and optimize marketing operations.
The Latest from Jeffrey Whitney
Go to Market Playbook for IT and Professional Services Providers Over 70% of buyers intend to increase their spend on external professional services. They seek to either to augm...Full Article
AI for Marketers – 3 Critical Questions
AI... Artificial Intelligence may have a greater impact on business, communication and interaction than social media has today, according to Marketing Expert Jeffrey Whitney. ...Full Article
AI Briefer for Marketers
Like my peers, as a longtime CMO, I’ve learned to deal with rapid technology change. But, each new technology can create fear, uncertainty and doubt until we understand it be...Full Article