Jose “Joe” Rodriguez is an experienced financial and administrative executive who brings clear perspectives, strategic thinking and imagination to growth-stage companies, primarily as a fractional CFO and CAO in the Charlotte area. More specifically, Joe comprehensively helps CEOs, Boards, investors and senior executive teams achieve:
- capital adequacy
- balance sheet quality
- clear and measurable goals, which include dynamic recharting of strategic course due to metric output, and
- rigorous measurement and consistent performance.
In his distinguished career, Joe has more than 15 years of general management and financial services experience, including in private equity. He has more than a decade of Big 4 experience; sell-side and buy-side financial diligence experience in support of M&A transactions; and risk management and process transformation expertise. He holds technical accounting and financial reporting domain expertise in the commercial real estate, commercial services, financial services, and SaaS in B2B industries, as well as deep understanding of apparel, consumer electronics, food and beverages, internet and brick-and-mortar retail and hotel and leisure facilities in the B2C world.
Joe has served as:
- Senior VP and Controller at Bank of America, a $10 Billion balance sheet and $5 Billion income statement at Fortune 100 company.
- Senior VP and CAO at BankUnited, a $30 Billion financial institution with multi-state operations.
- Interim CFO for a Contract Manufacturer in Chapter 11. He led successful exit and return to profitability.
- Corporate Restructuring CFO at TCA Fund Management Group Corp., a $500 Million hedge fund, overseeing 25 portfolio companies
- M&A Leader for a $500 Billion Public Company Segment
- Technical Accounting Controller at $90 Billion Public Company Segment.
In addition, Joe served as Senior Manager – Latin American Transaction Advisory Services Group for Ernst and Young and as a Director with KPMG for 8 years.
Joe received his Bachelors degree in Accounting from Florida International University. He is also a CPA.