Marty Parker is Partner
Marty Parker is a Lecturer (Teaching Professor) teaching Operations Management and Quality Management at the Terry College of Business at the University of Georgia. He also founded the UGA Supply Chain Advisory Board.
When not teaching, Marty serves as an interim COO for companies with $2MM to $30MM in revenue who have complicated or broken processes in the areas of Supply Chain, Manufacturing & Process Improvement. He also serves as an “Expertant” (Expert Witness and Consultant) in Building Products and Product Defect Litigation.
Since 1999, Marty has held multiple executive leadership positions with Sto Corp., the world’s largest manufacturer of exterior thermal insulation systems and an international technology leader in the design and production of innovative building materials tailored to human needs. Sto’s wall systems, coatings and finishes have been the choice of leading architects, engineers and contractors for 61 years. Sto has , 35 subsidiaries, more than 5,000 employees, and 21 factories operating around the globe.
As a VP of Marketing, VP of Operations and Chief Engineer, his achievements include:
– Helped lead successful SAP conversion, resulting in full operation of all modules over a weekend conversion.
– Worked with Simulation experts at Georgia Tech to improve throughput by 30% while avoiding $2 million capital investment.
– Automated process with CH Robinson logistics with their first SAP integration using EDI.
– Worked with CFO and General Manager of Latin America on acquisitions, integration and capital investment in Santiago, Chile and Sao Paulo, Brazil.
– Established new Non-Branded Sales business leading to over $4 million in sales at a ~30% fully burdened gross margin.
– Reduced manufacturing expenses by $5 million (31 percent) through recession while simultaneously improving lead times, quality and safety.
– Completed due diligence process with CFO on several attempted US acquisitions.
Marty received his BS in Chemical Engineering from Virginia Tech and his MBA from the University of Georgia Terry College of Business.
Marty Parker Honored with Lee Anne Seawell Faculty Recognition Award in 2020
Marty was recognized at the University of Georgia as The Lee Anne Seawell Award recipient. The winner is selected based on student feedback gathered in the Career Center’s annual Career Outcomes Survey. The survey provides insight into the employment and continuing education status of UGA graduates six months after graduation. While completing the survey, recent graduates are given the opportunity to identify faculty members who positively influenced their career paths.
Here’s an excerpt from the UGA article:
Marty Parker, a lecturer in the Department of Management, is the recipient of the 2020 Lee Anne Seawell Faculty Recognition Award from the University of Georgia Career Center. The award recognizes faculty members who positively influence student career development.
“Marty consistently does a tremendous job facilitating the career development success of his students,” said Scott Williams, executive director of the Career Center. “The network that he has established plays a pivotal role in students gaining incredible insight into supply chain careers, as well as connecting with potential employers.”
Parker joined the Terry College of Business as a full-time lecturer in 2016 after a long career in the supply chain industry. Parker maintains a position as chief operating officer at TechCXO, an executive professional services firm. At UGA, he teaches students in the supply chain management program and created the Supply Chain Advisory Board, a student-administered organization that works with 20 member companies to improve course curriculum.
“I have a personal motto: I help students and companies grow and succeed,” Parker said. “I developed that because I left industry to come teach at Terry. Really, the whole intent of doing that was to give back.” See Full Story