Mike McCarthy is a Finance Partner at TechCXO and provides fractional CFO services. He has served as a lower middle-market CFO for more than 20 years, primarily working for growing entrepreneurial companies with revenue under $100M. His industry experience is broad and includes business services, construction, financial services, transportation, and software. He considers himself industry agnostic.
Throughout his career Mike has been the guy brought on board to build out the company’s financial infrastructure and help take the business to the next level. He often works with first-time entrepreneurs. In this role he upgrades the financial reporting, mentors the accounting team, constructs a robust model to put the financial headlights on the business, and manages the lending relationships. He is also passionate about helping entrepreneurs overcome their growing pains – the predictable challenges that occur when a company’s revenue outrun its people and systems.
Over the course of his career, Mike has:
- Quarterbacked the sales of a $50M specialty contractor to a private equity firm (NRI Contstruction)
- Participated in the small IPO of a financial services company that he helped grow from $90M to $650M in assets (Omni Financial Services);
- Built out the back office and helped scale a business services firm that sold for more than $100M (World 50);
- Procured the financing for a rental-purchase chain that he helped ramp from 13 to 45 stores (First American Rental); and
- Worked with private equity-owned companies for a decade.
In addition to being a CPA, Mike is a licensed attorney (member of the Georgia and Florida Bars). While he has not practiced law in many years, Mike’s legal background has proven to be quite helpful regarding general business matters, contract review and negotiation, litigation management, M&A transactions, and HR oversight.
Mike holds a BA in Business from St Norbert College, a JD from Marquette University Law School, and an MBA in Finance from The University of Wisconsin – Madison.
You can read more about Mike at www.mccarthycfo.com.