Mike McCarthy is a Finance Partner at TechCXO and provides fractional CFO services. He has served as a CFO for more than 20 years, primarily working for growing companies with revenue under $150M. His industry experience is broad and includes business services, construction, financial services, transportation, technology, and software.
Throughout his career Mike has been called on to build out company financial infrastructures, which includes upgrading financial reporting, mentoring accounting managers, constructing cash flow forecasting models, managing investor and banking relationships, and coordinating planning processes. He also partners with CEOs on operational issues and growth initiatives.
Mike is passionate about helping entrepreneurs overcome growing pains—the predictable challenges that occur when a company’s revenue outruns its people and systems. He is also a proponent of strengthening organizational infrastructures in advance of growth to minimize disruptions. Over the course of his career, Mike has:
- Quarterbacked the sale of a $50M specialty contractor to a private equity firm (NRI Construction)
- Participated in the IPO of a financial services company that he helped grow from $90M to $650M in assets (Omni Financial Services)
- Built out the back office and helped scale a business services firm that was sold for more than $100M (World 50)
- Procured the financing for a rental-purchase chain that he helped ramp from 13 to 45 stores (First American Rental)
- Worked with private equity-owned companies for a decade.
In addition to being a CPA, Mike is a licensed attorney (member of the Georgia and Florida Bars). His legal background has proven to be quite helpful regarding general business matters, contract review and negotiation, litigation management, M&A transactions, regulatory issues, and HR oversight.
Mike holds a BA in Business from St Norbert College, a JD from Marquette University Law School, and an MBA in Finance from the University of Wisconsin. You can read more about Mike at www.mccarthycfo.com.