Roy Bowman is a Finance & Operations Partner serving the Houston market. Roy supports clients as an interim/fractional CFO. He has leveraged his strong financial leadership, M&A, capital raising and internal controls skills and leadership throughout his distinguished, 35-year+ career and across the manufacturing, energy trading, oil and gas exploration, residential construction, mortgage lending, and real estate industries. He specializes in turnarounds and restructurings and working with earlier-stage companies who have current or are potentially seeking venture capital and/or private equity investment.
Among his many career accomplishments, Roy has:
- Implemented SOX standards and restructured a $100 million credit facility available for ERCOT, as their CFO. ERCOT is The Electric Reliability Council of Texas and manages the flow of electric power on the Texas Interconnection that supplies power to 24 million Texas customers – representing 85 percent of the state’s electric load.
- Secured 100% financing to purchase a $50 million offshore pipeline as the EVP and CFO for Gasmark, Ltd., the largest privately owned natural gas trading company in the country at that time.
- Established $30 million in warehouse lines for non-conforming loan product to facilitate the increase in production volume; and succeeded in the first asset sale of residual cash flows generated from a collateralized mortgage obligation bond issue, contributing to over $2 million in profits. Served as the EVP, CFO and later promoted to CEO for Hardin Mortgage Corporation.
- Managed a highly successful energy trading team and developed a competitive market share in the Midwest Region as VP for National Gas & Electric Ltd.
- While CFO for Igloo Corporation, completed a successful sale of the company to a private equity group.
More recently, Roy served in the Houston practice of Tatum, LLC, a national executive services firm focused on the Office of the CFO and Managing Partner of Aventine Hill CFO’s Inc., providing leadership and advisory services in finance, technology and operations.
Roy holds a BBA in Accounting from the University of Texas at Austin.