Steve Wolff has spent more than 25 years as a successful CFO, advisor and multi-lingual (Russian and Spanish) executive with a unique ability to distill complex financial information and objectives into value-added action items. He leads, grows and motivates high-performing teams to deliver shareholder value, particularly in the healthcare, SaaS, construction, professional services, manufacturing, financial services and human services industries.
Steve has held executive financial positions, including the CFO position, with companies including Curative Care, LTC Corp, Seedays and A Safe Haven Foundation. He has served as a senior financial and sales leader with Aon Hewitt, UBS Wealth Management and Allstate. He has been Global CFO of a $100 million division of Trimble and has directed financial functions for a division of Royal DSM with over $500 million in manufacturing and R&D assets worldwide. Finally, he has worked as a subsidiary CFO and GM for Linde as part of an eight-year stint as a Europe and Central Asia-based executive.
As a global executive, Steve’s leadership experience includes solving complex business problems in more than 40 countries across the Americas, Europe and Asia. As a trusted advisor, he has counseled Boards and senior management teams on global and country expansion strategies, risk management, governance, security, technology, financial standards compliance (IFRS, US GAAP, statutory GAAP) and auditor selection.
Steve has delivered results for start-ups, publicly-listed and private-equity backed firms, in turnaround and restructuring environments, as well as for publicly-funded and highly-regulated operations. Steve has also supported international non-profits and family-owned firms as a financial and operational executive.
His skills include:
• Early-stage fundraising, including debt and equity placements and bank refinancing.
• Assisting U.S. firms to expand globally and overseas firms to enter or build operations in the U.S.
• Driving top and bottom-line growth and M&A due diligence and integration, including 7 successful private equity-involved acquisitions and integrations, 4 of which were multinational in scope.
• Overseeing multiple functions, including accounting, FP&A, treasury, IT, corporate development, HR, legal, real estate, procurement, risk management and investor relations.
• Implementing enterprise-wide systems, including conversions from or to Intaact, SAP, MS Dynamics GP, Oracle/Hyperion, IBM Cognos TM1 and QuickBooks.
He also holds sitting board positions with The CFO Leadership Council’s Chicago Chapter and The Mental Health Association of Greater Chicago. Steve is a member of The Private Directors’ Association, Financial Executives International and The FENG. He also serves his community via the strategic advisory committee to the board of Riverside School District 96.
Steve received his BA from Emory University and his MBA from The University of Chicago Booth School of Business.