Lori is currently a Raleigh, NC and Carolinas CFO / Finance and Operations Partner with TechCXO LLC, a national fractional C-Suite contracting firm based in Atlanta, GA. Lori brings more than 25 years of financial and operational leadership with a proven track record of execution, having served as CFO in life sciences (pharma / drug development / medical device / CRO) and the SaaS software technology sectors. Many of Lori’s client companies have been long-term engagements, saving clients hundreds of thousands of dollars in finance and operations overhead costs.
Lori has extensive strategic experience in emerging market and accelerated growth environments,.helping clients with
- Capital formation
- GAAP/IFRS accounting incl ASC606
- Corporate funding and capital raise
- KPI/growth metrics
- Gross margin analysis and growth
- Product design and pricing
- Sales ops and operations oversight
- Human capital and benefits mgmt
- Business modeling & strategic planning
- Cash flow strategies and cash burn mgmt
- Unique experience with management and compliance of federal funding (Federal contracts & SBIR/STTR grants)
In 2018, Lori successfully led the exit side of the $220m acquisition by Stryker of HyperBranch Medical Technology, a VC-backed company that she has helped grow since joining in 2006.
Personally, Lori lives in Raleigh NC with her family and loves to attend NCSU and Hurricanes NHL games, exercise, and travel (particularly to places where snow skiing is a challenge). She is highly active in the youth hockey community where she serves as a coach and VP of Finance for the Carolina Junior Hurricanes Hockey Association, the NHL youth affiliate and a 680 member 501(c)(3) organization. Lori holds a BA in Accounting and MBA from North Carolina State University and is a North Carolina Certified Public Accountant (CPA).