Steve Subar brings 20+ years of experience launching and leading high-growth technology companies in hyper-competitive markets; from inception to IPO and Fortune 500 acquisition. He’s recognized for novel product and business model innovation with a focus on enterprise applications, B2B, and SaaS software.
As a founder, CEO, investor, and board member, Steve’s earned a reputation for building clever strategies and winning teams, driving accelerated growth, developing strong customer relationships, and creating superior shareholder value.
Steve’s scorecard of success for investment and exits includes raising $150m+ angel & venture capital, 5 acquisitions, and 1 IPO.
Dual American & German citizenship. Extensive knowledge of EU and APAC operations.
Career and client engagement highlights include:
- Board Advisor, Dysonics – spatial audio startup. Led M&A with exit to Google.
- Interim CEO, Comodo Cybersecurity – 25 products on 85m+ endpoints across 193 countries. Increased top line by 30%.
- Board Advisor, Kasada – zero-trust web application bot detection and mitigation SaaS. U.S. launch and Series A financing.
- Founder & CEO, Open Kernel Labs – most widely deployed virtualization software for mobile device security. On more than 1.6 billion devices. Acquired by General Dynamics.
- Executive-in-Residence, National Information Communications Technology Australia – Built model for vetting emerging technologies, licensing IP, and creating company spinouts.
- Interim CEO, TempoIQ – SaaS IoT application platform. Pivot and exit to Avant and BithGroup.
- Interim CEO, Ubiquia – smart cities platform for light control, video AI, and public WiFi. Go-to-market and Series B financing.
- Vice President, Mobius Management Systems – drove transformation from $3 million in services to NASDAQ IPO and perennial Gartner Magic Quadrant leader.
At TechCXO, Steve partners with CEOs, boards, and private equity firms of early and mid-stage technology companies.
Steve is chairman of the Cyber Threat Intelligence Network and on the advisory board for Northwestern University’s Farley Center for Innovation. He received a Bachelor of Science in Marketing from Miami University’s Farmer School of Business with a concentration in Computer and Information Technology.
Steve’s management mantra: Information is not the same as wisdom. Learning from making mistakes is not the same as making good decisions.