Karen Reynolds is a Finance and Operations executive who is adept at managing all financial and administrative aspects of businesses, including 25 years of experience at the C-level for both private and public companies. Her domain expertise is especially noteworthy in the FinTech space.
Her primary focus is financial management, but she also takes a big-picture approach to decision-making that includes motivating teams, engaging in collaboration, and driving results within the sales and marketing, operations, manufacturing, and R&D functions.
She is a top and bottom-line-focused executive who takes early and growth-stage organizations to the next level via:
- Managing acquisitions / mergers through the due diligence process to post-merger integration
- Positioning companies to enable an exit strategy to meet the needs of the shareholders / investors
- Building / nurturing internal and external relationships, including strategic advisors and alliances
- Ensuring timely and accurate financial reporting to enable quick and effective decisions
- Implementing budgeting and ongoing forecasting incorporating sales and operational planning
- Hands-on cash flow management, capital budgets, and negotiations to ensure preservation of cash
- Managing all administrative aspects, including risk, benefits, facilities, and intellectual property
- Ensuring scalability, growth, and operational efficiencies via system enhancements and staffing
- Collaborating in addressing product lines / road map vision and branding / marketing
Among her career highlights, Karen has served as:
CFO, Intelligent Systems Corp. (parent) and CFO, CoreCard Software, Inc. (subsidiary) – Led negotiations on a multi-million dollar software license agreement with top tier investment banker resulting in significant increases in revenue and profits.
President and CFO, zBoost, LLC (formerly Wi-Ex) – Successfully relaunched 23 product offerings with stringent time constraints set by the FCC while continuing to sell through existing inventory. Represented company to FCC commissioners resulting in Ruling in company favor. Positioned company for sale to largest competitor, optimizing shareholders’ ROI. Led due diligence process and post-merger integration.
Interim CFO, DH Supply Company – Filled immediate vacancy continuing through growth stage to timely acquisition of company coordinating financial due diligence and post-merger integration.
CFO, McCamish Systems, LLC – Turnaround from loss to profit in two-year time period by implementing budgets and financial controls.
VP of Finance, DayStar Digital – Led negotiations and due diligence on credit facility, coordinated due diligence on equity infusion, and negotiated credit lines with suppliers.
Karen received her Bachelor of Science, General Management/Accounting degree from Purdue University. She is a CPA in Georgia and also has a CGMA (Chartered Global Management Accountant) designation.