Peter Biro is an experienced operating and financial executive and entrepreneur with deep experience in enterprises from pre-revenue to $100M. Peter is focused on early-stage infrastructure, software and SaaS businesses in need of assistance in fundraising and transaction execution, scaling their finance and sales operations processes functions, and taking their businesses global.
He specializes in financial transactions, from financings to M&A to optimizing economics of different sales channels, for companies up to $50M in revenue. He also specializes in assisting Israeli-based technology companies.
Peter Biro’s Corporate Leadership Roles
- CFO of ObserveIT – An Israeli security software company backed by Bain Capital Ventures.
- VP of Business Development of syndicated data provider Restaurant Sciences (merged with GuestMetrics).
- COO of of Lyris, Inc. (acquired by Aurea) – A publicly-traded digital marketing software, which he helped create through a number of complementary acquisitions.
- Co-founder of Five Guys Burgers and Fries – The Northeast’s largest franchise group.
- Entrepreneur in Residence – General Catalyst Partners. Peter vetted transactions and helped launch Icelandicdata center company, Verne Global.
- Founder of The Cowper Group – A management consultancy focused on buy-side M&A for middle market technology companies
He began his career in IT on Wall Street. Peter holds a BSEE from Duke University and an MBA from Stanford.