Peter Biro is an experienced operating and financial executive and entrepreneur with deep experience in enterprises from pre-revenue to $100M. Peter is focused on early-stage infrastructure, software and SaaS businesses in need of assistance in fundraising and transaction execution, scaling their finance and sales operations processes functions, and taking their businesses global.
He specializes in financial transactions, from financings to M&A to optimizing economics of different sales channels, for companies up to $50M in revenue. He also specializes in assisting Israeli-based technology companies.
He has served in a variety of operating roles in technology companies:
- CFO of ObserveIT – An Israeli security software company backed by Bain Capital Ventures.
- VP of Business Development of syndicated data provider Restaurant Sciences (merged with GuestMetrics).
- COO of of Lyris, Inc. (acquired by Aurea) – A publicly-traded digital marketing software, which he helped create through a number of complementary acquisitions.
- Co-founder of Five Guys Burgers and Fries – The Northeast’s largest franchise group.
- Entrepreneur in Residence – General Catalyst Partners. Peter vetted transactions and helped launch Icelandicdata center company, Verne Global.
- Founder of The Cowper Group – A management consultancy focused on buy-side M&A for middle market technology companies
He began his career in IT on Wall Street. Peter holds a BSEE from Duke University and an MBA from Stanford.
The Latest from Peter Biro
Robotic Automation Leader and TechCXO Client Soft Robotics Raises $20M
Soft Robotics' proprietary materials and machines are doing incredible things for food, beverage and advanced manufacturing industries. The company's innovation allows a robot to...Full Article
Peter Biro – Why choose TechCXO?
Why would an accomplished entrepreneur, CFO, Stanford MBA with an engineering degree from Duke choose the TechCXO on-demand executive model for his career? We asked him (Peter Bi...Full Article