Bob Toth is a TechCXO Partner and sought-after business advisor. He is called on by Boards and senior management teams to assist them in a consultative/advisory role or as an interim or fractional CFO, COO and/or CEO, depending on the operating needs of the company.
He is a proven leader for VC and PE-backed technology companies from startups to Fortune 500 companies. As a C Level executive, Bob has a track record of success in creating growth, establishing new organizations or turning-around / revitalizing underperforming businesses in diverse industry sectors. His, hands-on strategic planning and functional leadership experience reaches across multiple disciplines, including operations management, administration, HR, business development, sales and sales operations management, M&A post-merger integration, information technology, financial, accounting and P&L management in domestic and international markets.
Bob has successfully led a major technology company and multiple nonprofits business transformation projects enabling each to address significant business challenges and take advantage of business opportunities that have substantially changed and improved the performance of each organization. Among his key accomplishments, Bob has served as:
Founder and Managing Director, Wagon Wheel Associates, LLC – Wagon Wheel is a business advisory firm providing business transformation and business enablement services including interim and fractional CEO, COO, CFO, CIO and CRO to for-profit and non-profit companies, as well as professional services firms. Among Bob’s assignments, he served as Interim COO for the largest public health organization in New York where he led a successful digital transformation and process re-engineering initiative. He also served as an Interim CEO and CFO to manage a turnaround and address liquidity challenges for a rigid packaging manufacturer and distributor. Bob also restructured sales operations, the finance and account department and rationalized various manufacturing, warehouse operations and procurement processes.
Chief Operating Officer, Chief Financial Officer, Chief Information Officer, Smile Train, Inc. – Smile Train is a $180M international children’s charity committed to remediating cleft lip and palate by providing training and funding that empowers local doctors in 85+ developing countries to provide 100%-free cleft repair surgery in their communities. Bob was hired by the Board of Directors as a retained consultant to bring business acumen and evaluate the organization’s ability to scale its global operations. Appointed Chief Operating Officer after four months, he lead a large-scale transformation and shepherded the successful transition to a new management structure and team and operating model. Adeptly delivered on the mission to develop and/or reengineer business processes, internal financial and process controls and IT systems and infrastructure, and create key performance indicators, to revitalize and turnaround low-performing operations, ensure financial strength, minimize risk, improve compliance, and position the Charity for future growth. Key accomplishments, included:
- Provided day to day executive leadership in finance and accounting, business development, operations management, information technology, international expansion, risk management and human resources.
- Drove scalable revenue growth to $180M, with increased capacity improvements and operations efficiencies enabling 11% increase in surgeries.
- Achieved 38% increase in net assets, meeting Board goal of 3X operating expenses.
- Led investment in new marketing channels and international expansion to position for diverse revenue sources and future growth.
- Spearheaded upgrading the IT environment cutting costs over 20% through enhanced infrastructure, deployment of new technologies to modernize and enhance operating efficiencies and service delivery.
- Collaborated with external experts in conducting financial control, compliance, IT, security, and forensic reviews, reporting findings to Board and addressing all needed corrective and legal actions.
SVP of IT Operations and Corporate Transformation; SVP of Business Operations; COO – Consumer and Channel Sales; SVP of Business Operations for Middle East; SVP and GM, Business Operations; COO – Professional Services for CA Technologies – Bob held increasingly higher levels during his tenure with CA Technologies, a $4.5B global IT solutions and services company. His key executive leadership assignments spanned business operations, business development, sales management, information technology, M&A and finance and accounting. Bob was recognized as key player in the growth of company’s annual revenues from $85M to peak of $6B. Among his key accomplishments, he:
- Generated over $250M growth through international market expansion.
- Drove over $1B of new license and recurring revenues through Global Accounts; created new licensing methods for outsourcing service providers changing industry practices.
- Led strategic partnerships with technology industry leaders; drove 20% market cap increase.
- Saved millions of dollars of project labor costs through project sourcing onshore and offshore, labor cap initiatives and effective vendor management.
- Expanded market and built CA’s $100M B2C business; developed global e-commerce infrastructure and processes.
- Selected by the Vice Chair to lead the corporate business transformation initiative; satisfied the conditions of the government imposed DPA.
- Built and led Global Sales Operations unit, optimized sales performance creating a salesforce and methodology that was second to none consistently meeting internal and external revenue targets.
- Developed and led the implementation of the scalable systems and processes to support CA’s growth to be the first software company to surpass $1B in annual revenues and then in later years to meet new business requirements enabling growth to $6b and improved financial performance
President – ACCPAC International / SVP & GM – Interbiz – Bob directed the carve-out of company’s global $250M business applications businesses for preparation for sale to private equity and strategic buyers.
Bob is a CPA and he began his career with Deloitte Touche.
Bob received his B.S. in Accounting from Rider University.