Sam Schneider is a Boston-based partner in TechCXO’s Product & Technology practice where he is focused on the technology business requirements and customer needs of high-growth companies, particularly those in the software (traditional and SaaS), pharmaceutical, financial services, and ebusiness industries. Sam is frequently called on by clients to assist them as an interim and fractional CIO/Head of Corporate IT or to program manage strategic initiatives. Over the years Sam has been engaged to conduct multiple IT assessments which have been used to gauge the current health of the IT function. The evaluations address the efficacy of the department from the perspective of technology, process and staff. As a business centric CIO and technology leader, Sam can facilitate strategic planning, but additionally can provide oversight for discrete IT projects such as migration to cloud services or implementation of enterprise level applications.
Sam frequently solves internal corporate IT department challenges and provides expertise in:
- Functional Leadership
- Multi-Year Strategy & Planning
- Architecture (Applications and/or Infrastructure)
- Merger Integrations
- IT Functional Assessment
- Modernization Roadmap
- Process Change Management
- Merger Integration
- International Expansion
- Initiative Management
- Software Evaluation / Selection
- Business Continuity Planning
- Service Delivery Optimization
During his career, Sam has held multiple IT leadership positions, including:
Vice President, Chief Information Officer, EnterpriseDB – Responsibility for all aspects of IT (worldwide) including web and customer facing/portal applications, corporate business applications, internal and cloud Infrastructure, support, strategy; and corporate security / compliance for this rapid-growth company.
- Successfully integrated IT functions of acquired competitor
- Led initiative to create awareness of (and address) security and compliance requirements for enhanced IT security, GDPR and other privacy standards
- Oversaw selection, implementation, integration, and management of SaaS based enterprise financial and operating applications
Vice President Chief Information Officer, EQUALLOGIC –responsible for all aspects of IT Applications, Infrastructure, Support and Strategy for this $165M+ leading provider of high-performance iSCSI storage products.
- Led the definition of a corporate “system of record” , reducing the need for backend “data movement”, and eliminated departmental “islands of automation”.
- Restructured and grew the IT team to support international expansion.
President & CEO, CIO Options – Sam founded this provider of interim and shared CIO services. Representative assignments include:
- Fractional CIO for high-growth software Company integrating infrastructures of 5 acquired companies.
- Fractional CIO for growing Software Company with a SaaS based revenue management platform for the financial services industry
- Interim CIO for multi-national business consulting firm specializing in corporate strategy, principal investing, and merger integration. Managed 100% turnover of IT staff.
- Fractional CIO for New England based fuel wholesaler/retail store chain. Implemented new ERP / POS solution and solidified computing infrastructure.
He received his MBA in Finance and Management Information Systems from Boston University and his BA-Political Science from Tufts University.