Rick is Managing Partner of TechCXO LLC. His career highlights include:
- 25+ years comprehensive experience as a senior technology sales and marketing executive for companies from Global 1000 to startups.
- Accomplished in all aspects of sales and marketing strategy and leadership, including pipeline and forecast management, integrated sales and marketing execution, brand development and positioning, customer experience modeling and demand generation.
- Experience in preparing early, mid-stage and mature companies for acquisition, business transformation and revenue growth.
- Strong communication and leadership skills demonstrated by his ability to establish productive relationships with clients, colleagues, and external partners plus the ability to build stong, motivated teams.
Rick’s corporate leadership roles, include:
- FIRST DATA – Senior Vice President, Financial Services Sales
- INTELLIGENT RESULTS – Chief Revenue Officer
- TSW INTERNATIONAL (INDUS) – Senior Vice President Marketing
- SAP AMERICA – Chief Marketing Executive
- PEOPLESOFT – General Manager, Higher Education
- DUN & BRADSTREET SOFWARE – Vice President, Marketing; VP/General Manager, Human Resources Products
Rick can be engaged for long-term and interim CXO and enterprise strategy, consulting, integrated sales transformation, sales & channel development engagements with startups, early growth stage and mature Global 1000 firms, which have included, Accenture, Andersen, Autodesk, Business Objects/SAP, CheckFree/FISERV, Cognos/IBM, Deloitte, Deluxe, Digitalsmiths, GE, HP, Manugistics, Microsoft, NetApp, Netbase, Oracle, PeopleMatter, Pitney Bowes, SAP, Tibco and Vantiv.
The Latest from Rick Nichols
Deluxe Client Case Study
Deluxe had a three-pronged vision for accelerating revenue growth from recent acquisitions: streamline the sales and client relationship model, cross-sell new software and servic...Full Article
Making the Hard Decisions
Making hard decisions is one of several skills CEOs and CXOs must master in order to lead. The failure to do so can, at times, be deadly or crippling to achieving healthy growth ...Full Article
2017 Sales Planning Guide
This time of the year is critical to Chief Sales and Revenue Officers. So many things to do, so little time to do them: Close Q4 business Design sales model changes Re...Full Article
5 Leadership and Management Styles
How style may impact your team's performance The five leadership and management styles in today’s business are: The Boss, the Judge, the Missing, the Super Performer and the C...Full Article
Leadership vs Management
Management vs. Leadership - Setting the Foundation Establishing the importance of leadership and management in building a high performance culture “Management is about persua...Full Article
Building a High Performance Culture
We define corporate culture as a shared pattern of values, beliefs and expectations. These values produce rules for behavior and pressure to conform on the job. Tom Peters’ tim...Full Article